Faculty/ Mentors of Engineering, Science, Arts, Commerce colleges & Polytechnics of the respective/neighbouring States/UTs.
- IT Hardware and Electronics Manufacturing industry, availability of properly trained, skilled and qualified manpower
- Quality PhDs generated in IT / Computer Science is very low
- In E & ICT domain- a very high degree of obsolescence of existing technologies and faster emergence of newer technologies
- a focused faculty training/updation programme for IT, Electronics and related sectors
- Spreading up of quality faculty development and continuous updation of faculty
- Finally, leading to an overall improved employability of the graduates
- each Electronics and ICT Academy would be provided with financial support for a period of 04 (Four) years in a project mode
Each Academy would focus on at least one newly emerging areas in Electronics (e.g. Automotive electronics, LEDs, Industrial Electronics, Medical Electronics, Telecom, Avionics, Displays, Rechargeable Batteries, Solar, Railways, I&B, Games) or IT (e.g. Localization, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Next Generation Computing Systems, High Performance Computing (HPC), GIS, Mobile Technologies, Inter-operable Infrastructure for Small Financial Transactions, Switch, Language Technologies, etc.).
- Specialized training with hands-on on basic and advanced level topics for Engineering
- Domain based training on use of ICT tools and techniques for non-engineering
- Training and consultancy services for Industry
- Curriculum development for Industry
- Continuing Education programme for pass-outs/ working professionals Design, Develop and Deliver specialized modules for specific research areas and Industry
- Providing advice and support for technical incubation and entrepreneurial activities
- Each academy could offer the courses to students and industry on chargeable basis , besides faculties in order to become sustainable
- Anyone who is teaching courses in colleges in the engineering, science, commerce & arts streams and is recommended by the concerned institute could be considered eligible for Faculty training
- Develop and maintain a world class curriculum related to the ICTE industry, with inputs from both industry and academia.
- Provide research orientation to faculty.
- Carry out research and consultancy support for industry for capacity building and courses in ICTE areas.
- Function as a Resource Centre for curriculum and faculty development for mass based HR programmes in the respective State/UT.
- Apart from the above, the Academy shall provide training to faculty and students in other emerging areas in ICTE. A close association with industry shall be maintained by the Academy so as to capture the new emerging requirements and ensure timely interventions.